Note: I am not stating my personal views on same-sex marriage or any such issue; I'm just making a joke. Whatever your views are, don't take it so seriously.
"I always hear during church that marriage is between a man and a woman, but then when I read Teh Chum to my younger siblings, I see all these letters written from children saying that they want to marry their scriptures in the temple. So what is the church's REAL position on marriage?"
The church's position on marriage has always been that you should either marry a Mormon of the opposite gender, but fairly recently, it's been allowed to marry a "righteous" inanimate object in the temple, such as the scriptures. Polygamy used to be allowed, but we ended that practice. So basically, as long as you're not marrying someone of the same gender or, say, a computer, you're fine.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete