Pros:
- There was an article that didn't use the term "sacred powers of procreation" or anything along those lines when referring to sex. I know that's kind of a weird thing to be glad about, but I've always hated that term...
- Some funny cartoons and stuff ("My mom's allergic to dogs, so I had to eat my own homework")
Cons:
- They wrote an article that was basically implying that loud music is bad for you. Um, yeah. Because it's worse to listen to a loud song with inspiring lyrics than a softer song with offensive lyrics. I'm a Mormon, and I like heavy metal and other loud rock music.* I'll write more about this later...
- All that "For the Strength of Youth" crap... ugh.
*In fact, Psalm 150:5 says:
"Praise Him upon the loud cymbals: praise Him upon the high sounding cymbals," and in Psalm 150:4 it says, "praise Him with stringed instruments and organs." Which can mean electric guitars and drums. So that means the Bible supports heavy metal!
No comments:
Post a Comment